Deviled eggs...what "be-devils" them you might ask? Kitchen lore says it's all about the spice...taking it up a notch or two - which we do with our Deviled Egg & Bacon recipe. But we don't stop there! We go beyond the basic recipe and get creative! What kinds of garnishes can you dream up to dress your deviled eggs? Here are a dozen ideas from our table and I'm still trying to decide which is my fave! Would love to hear how you've topped yours off. Have fun with it!
1. Bacon (smoky, salty goodness - the crowd pleaser for sure)
2. Goat cheese & paprika (creamy tangy-ness)
3. Chives(delicate onion flavor)
4. Cornichons (deviled eggs love something pickled on top!)
5. Radishes (color, crunchy with a little bite)
6. Olives(salty goodness)
7.Salted Cherry Tomato(sweet & salty on top of creaminess)
8. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (spicy for sure)
9. Capers (brings some briny goodness to all that creaminess)
10. Asparagus tips (nice crisp crunch)
11. Red Onion(color and crunch)
12. Cilantro(adds nice herbal touch)
8 large eggs, boiled, peeled
2-4 Tbls. mayonnaise
2 tsp. prepared mustard
2 tsp. white vinegar
To make the deviled eggs:
Slice the eggs in half, place yolks in small mixing bowl. Mash yolks. Add mayo, vinegar, mustard. Season with salt/pepper. Spoon filling into egg white halves. Garnish with desired topping. Chill until ready to serve.
Gluten-free note: To ensure that this recipe is gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient label on any store-bought items used.
from my table to yours,